Protect Women Ohio Announces Ohio-Based Coalition Members, Campaign Hires
COLUMBUS—Protect Women Ohio (PWO), a new pro-woman, pro-parent group dedicated to defeating Ohio’s extreme anti-parent amendment, announced its first wave of Ohio-based coalition members and campaign hires today. The broad coalition of life and family leaders, concerned parents, health and medication professionals, and faith leaders is a testament to PWO’s unmatched grassroots support and infrastructure across the state.
PWO’s Ohio-based coalition is comprised of the following organizations:
- Ohio Right to Life
- Center for Christian Virtue
- Right to Life Action Coalition of Ohio
- Ashtabula County Friends for Life
- Awake America Ohio
- Belmont County Right to Life
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
- Catholic Conference of Ohio
- Central Ohio Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cincinnati Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cincinnati Right to Life
- Clark County Right to Life
- Cleveland-Northeast Ohio Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Cleveland Right to Life
- Created Equal
- Dayton-Miami Valley Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
- Dayton Right to Life
- Erie County Right to Life
- Fostoria Bascom Prolife
- Geauga County Catholic Pro-Life Coalition
- Geauga County Right to Life
- Greater Columbus Right to Life
- Greater Toledo Right to Life
- Hancock County Right to Life, Inc.
- Henry County Right to Life
- Huron County Right to Life Society
- ICSJ Respect Life Ministry
- Lake County Right to Life
- Lorain County Right to Life
- Madison County Right to Life
- Marion Citizens for Life
- Medina County Right to Life
- Mercer County Right to Life, Inc.
- Miami County Liberty
- Miami County Right to Life
- Mission America
- National Black Pro-Life Coalition, Ohio Chapter
- Ohio Christian Alliance
- Ohio Parents’ Rights in Education
- Ohio Value Voters
- Project LifeVoice
- Right to Life of Northeast Ohio
- Right to Life of Shelby County
- Ross-Pike Right to Life
- Suburban West Right to Life
- Tiffin Right to Life
- Washington County Right to Life
- Wayne-Holmes Right to Life
“Today’s coalition rollout shows what we have known all along: Ohioans refuse to sit back and watch as the ACLU and Planned Parenthood bring their war on parental rights to our doorstep,” said Molly Smith, Board Member, Protect Women Ohio. “This extreme and dangerous anti-parent amendment removes existing health protections for women and children and erases parents from the conversation. We won’t let that happen.”
PWO also announced its campaign team today, led by Michael Hartley, President of Swing State Strategies.
“We are thrilled to have Michael Hartley and his team leading the fight against this dangerous anti-parent amendment,” said Smith. “Michael and his team bring decades of unmatched experience to the fight, and I look forward to working with them to defeat this extreme initiative.”
Michael Hartley serves as PWO Campaign Manager. Hartley is President of Swing State Strategies, where he utilizes his more than two decades of political, policy, public relations, and corporate experience to work with clients on their needs. Hartley is a battle-tested operative, having served in leadership positions on federal, state, and local races.
Jordan Ohler brings his decades of experience in public relations and crisis communications to PWO where he serves as Communications Director. Ohler is Vice President of Swing State Strategies where he provides strategic direction and winning strategies to campaigns and businesses across the country.
Amy Natoce serves as Press Secretary of PWO. Natoce is a veteran of local, federal, and Ohio statewide campaigns, having most recently served as Campaign Manager for Attorney General Dave Yost’s successful 2022 re-election campaign.
Nate Wheeland is PWO’s Political Director, brining his experience building coalitions and managing projects for competitive political campaigns to the team. Wheeland serves as Swing State Strategies’ grassroots tactician, delivering winning results for clients.
PWO launched its first ad in a multimillion-dollar campaign to defeat the dangerous anti-parent amendment in Ohio last week. The ad can be viewed HERE.
A legal analysis of the extreme anti-parent amendment is available HERE from constitutional scholars Carrie Campbell Severino, President of Judicial Crisis Network, and Frank J. Scaturro, a former special counsel to the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives.
Protect Women Ohio is a coalition of concerned family and life leaders, parents, health and medical experts, and faith leaders in Ohio. Molly Smith, Founding Member of Right to Life Action Coalition of Ohio; Aaron Baer, President of Center for Christian Virtue; and Peter Range, CEO of Ohio Right to Life, serve as members of the PWO Board of Directors.
To learn more, please visit www.protectwomenohio.com