What you can do to protect LIFE?
40 Days for Life
- 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through: prayer and fasting, constant vigil, and community outreach. Help keep a constant vigil of prayer outside of Planned Parenthood in Cincinnati where they perform chemical and surgical abortions. 40 Days for Life campaigns run in the spring (Lent) and fall. Lead your church or group to adopt a vigil day from 7am-7pm or sign up on your own. Contact Mary Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.40daysforlife.com
Saturday Pro-Life Mass and Prayer Vigil
Hosted by: Helpers of God’s Precious Infants & Mary's Mantle
- Every Saturday - Mass at Holy Name Church on Auburn Avenue at 8:00 a.m., followed by Planned Parenthood vigil. Contact John Wendeln at 513-218-1938.
Life’s 5th Quarter Mass and Prayer Vigil
- Pro-life challenge to high school and college students on the 5th Saturday of the month. Mass at 8:00 a.m. at Holy Name Church on Auburn Avenue, followed by Rosary prayer walk to Planned Parenthood. Contact Richard Andolina at 513-703-7408 or at www.facebook.com/lifes5thquarter
First Saturday Pro-Life Rosary and Mass
- 9:00 a.m. Rosary and Mass at the Holy Spirit Center, followed by coffee and a speaker. Contact Jerry Schmidt at 513-509-9841 or email@example.com
Couples for Christ Rosary for Life
- 1st Sundays at 2:00 p.m. at All Saints Parish on Montgomery Road. Contact Leo DeVela at 513-791-1011.
Third Friday Pro-Life Mass
- Mass at noon at Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center in Norwood. Contact 513-421-3131.
Cenacles of Life
- Held every Sunday at the Church of the Resurrection (1750 1st Avenue in Price Hill). Includes Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary, and other prayers. Contact 513-922-4231 or www.cenaclesoflife.org.
Contact Cincinnati Right to Life Office 513-728-7870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Elect Pro-Life Legislators
- Help to get out the pro-life vote by distributing Cincinnati Right to Life’s pro-life ballots.
- Give expert or concerned citizen testimony at the Ohio Statehouse for current legislation.
- Submit your name and e-mail to receive calls to action regarding important legislative votes or support. Agree to make phone calls, write letters, or send e-mails to legislators.
Start or become involved with your church or community Respect Life / Pro-Life group.
Assist in planning and coordinating Cincinnati Right to Life engagement events:
- Annual Mother’s Day Flower Sale (flowers sold in churches around the city) – assistance needed in coordination
- Annual 5K Run/Walk for Life – committee members needed
- Cross the Bridge for Life – steering committee members needed
Help at the Cincinnati Right to Life Office
- Stuff envelopes and fold/tab newsletters
- Deliver newsletters to local churches
- General handiwork
Volunteer at a local pregnancy center
- Find one here.
Engage your own church members, communities, schools, neighborhoods, etc.:
- Host baby showers at church or in your community to obtain materials for donation to local pregnancy centers.
- Host church or community-wide events with speakers about relevant life topics (i.e. end of life issues, abortion, infanticide, etc.)
- Host a showing of ‘Unplanned ’ or the Roe v. Wade movie this year.
- Set up a Cemetery of the Innocents (white crosses) display. More information here: https://cincinnatirighttolife.org/projects/cemetery-of-theinnocents/
- Share the Cincinnati Right to Life newsletter in your church (if permitted).
- Spread the word about OptionLine at 1-800-712-HELP (4357) and PregnancyCenters.org to help women in crisis. You can post this on your church website, buy a billboard ad, purchase a digital advertisement, etc.
- Minister to post-abortive women by engaging with groups like Rachel’s Vineyard (rachelsvineyard.org) or Silent No More (silentnomoreawareness.org)