Lion and Lamb and Life
There is a saying about the month of March that is certainly true in Ohio-"it comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb". This saying originally referred to the way the stars align in March, but the name has come to be used in describing the fierce weather at the beginning of March with gentle spring finally trying to show up at the end of the month.
March 2022 prolife work certainly patterned this nickname for the month.
There were plenty of lions.
- The proaborts were fierce like lions in their efforts to codify abortion with the falsely named Womens Health Protection Act. Senator Sherrod Brown-OH (D) was a sponsor and of course voted in favor of this vile Act.
- Fierceness in Maryland when there was a proposal to legalize infanticide with California following their lead.
- A fierce Senate nominee from our pro-death President, the abortion industry darling Judge Ketanji Jackson Brown.
- In Ohio, we saw our Born Alive Protection Act blocked by Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Alison Hatheway.
So, who were the lambs?
- The twenty-one states that filed an amicus brief in support of South Carolina's heartbeat law.
- The heads of prolife groups that sent a letter to the chairs of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
- All of the 40 Days for Life prayer warriors who showed up in the many kinds of crazy March weather to pray for the families overwhelmed by a pregnancy. There is still time to pray in Cincinnati.
- Life-saving bills and laws in Idaho and Oklahoma that can be models for other states preparing for a post-Roe world. (Let's go Ohio!)
And of course, all of our staff, board members, volunteers and supporters are lambs for life! Thank you for being gentle with this sensitive issue and thank you for loving the unborn and supporting the work of Cincinnati Right to Life.
March came in like a lion, but the Lamb prevails.
"Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves." Luke 10:3