February 8, 2020
See below from our Friends at Greater Toledo Right to Life on February 6th.
CALL To ACTION
DATE: Saturday, February 6, 2021
CONTACT: Ed Sitter - Executive Director
DIRECT PHONE: (419) 353-1977
OFFICE: (419) 535-5800
CALL TO ACTION
Toledo City Council to Introduce Ordinance
This Ordinance is an Assault on our Free Speech
and Freedom of Assembly
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, February 6, 2021 (Toledo, Ohio):
Attention: Your immediate action required!
On Tuesday, February 9th, members of Toledo City Council is scheduled to introduce an ordinance which would make it illegal for sidewalk counselors to minister to those going into the abortion mill on W. Sylvania Avenue or to offer alternatives to those going into Planned Parenthood. It restricts prayer vigils and the semi-annual Forty Days for Life vigils to days and hours when these facilities are not open.
These limited hours, called "safe zones", are a direct assault on your freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. It is an assault on religious liberty. This cannot stand!
Now is the time to make your voice heard and to make a difference for life where you live. Even if you don't reside within the city limits of Toledo, it is just as important that you contact members of city council and especially the President of Council, Matt Cherry. We need to impress on council our opposition and do so in masse! Use the talking points below to convey your message.
- Tell Toledo City Council (TCC) that the ordinance referred to as "Impeding Access to Health Care" is unnecessary as current law safeguards one's access under existing statute in sections 351.07(24) and 509.03 of Toledo Municipal Code.
- That this ordinance is a direct assault on my freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.
- There is virtually no documented evidence of any individual ever having their access blocked, obstructed or prevented from entering the abortion facility located at 1160 West Sylvania Ave.
- The courts have repeatedly struck down buffer zone ordinances. This is a waste of Toledo's limited financial resources.
- I strongly urge you to vote NO on this attack on free speech.
Here are three things you can do to make your voice heard:
- Email all the members of City Council (see emails below) using the talking points listed above.
- Phone: 419-245-1050 and leave a message for President of Council - Matt Cherry. Encourage others to contact members of Toledo City Council before Tuesday February 9, at 2:00 pm.
- Pray that that this ordinance is defeated
President of Council - Matt Cherry - firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNCIL MEMBERS BY DISTRICT
- District 1: John Hobbs III - email@example.com
- District 2: Matt Cherry - Matt.Cherry@toledo.oh.gov
- District 3: Theresa Gadus - firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 4: Vanice S. Williams - email@example.com.
- District 5: Sam Melden - firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 6: Chris Delaney - email@example.com
AT-LARGE COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Dr. Cecelia Adams - Cecelia.Adams@toledo.oh.gov
- Rob Ludeman - Rob.Ludeman@toledo.oh.gov
- Nick Komives - nick.komives@Toledo.oh.gov
- Cerssandra McPherson - cerssandra.mcpherson@toledo.
- Katie Moline - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Tiffany M. Preston-Whitman - tiffany.whitman@Toledo.oh.