Protect Pastors’ Conscience Rights
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, May 9, 2016 (Columbus, OH) –
No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority. – Thomas Jefferson
House Bill 286, The Ohio Pastor Protection Act (Rep. Nino Vitale-Urbana) is to protect Ohio pastors and churches from being forced to participate in marriages not aligned with their beliefs, and to protect church property.
The Ohio Pastor Protection Act has had been heard in the House Community & Family Advancement Committee with only four opponent witnesses compared to 30 proponent witnesses. The bill is ready to be voted out of committee and brought to the House floor for a full vote.
Over 50% of the committee members are co-sponsors, yet political maneuvering is keeping the bill from a vote in committee for release.
Your Ohio Representative and those listed below need to hear from pastors and citizens ASAP–before the Ohio House recesses until end of year, otherwise the bill will die. See Ohiohouse.gov for email contact.
Message: Please support the Ohio Pastor Protection Act AND bring it to the floor for a vote.
- Speaker Cliff Rosenberger – 937-716-9869, 614-466-3506
- Rep Jim Buchy – 614-466-6344
- Rep Marlene Anielski 440-786-8008 or 614-644-6041
- Rep Tim Brown 614-466-8104
- Rep Bob Cupp 419-224-2164 or 614-466-9624
- Rep Anthony DeVitis – 614-466-1790
- Rep Jonathan Dever – 937-750-4467 or 513-334-6050
- Rep Mike Dovilla – 216-280-8720, 614-466-4895
- Rep Mike Duffey 614-505-7700 or 614-644-6030
- Rep Tim Ginter – 614-466-8022
- Rep Anne Gonzales – 614-354-4034 or 614-466-4847
- Rep Cheryl Grossman – 614-769-2323 or 614-466-9690
- Rep Dave Hall – 330-231-6275, 614-466-2994
- Rep Steve Hambley – 216-570-6958, 614-466-8140
- Rep Steve Huffman – 614-466-8114
- Rep Terry Johnson – 740-259-3630, 614-466-2124
- Rep Stephanie Kunze – 614-783-0206 or 614-466-8012
- Rep Al Landis 330-364-1259
- Rep Ron Maag – 513-932-4646, 513-535-4331
- Rep Rob McColley 614-466-3760
- Rep Sarah LaTourette S- 440-600-4006, 614-644-5088
- Rep Nathan Manning – 440-785-7692, 614-644-5076
- Rep Dorothy Pelanda – 614-332-8645, 614-466-8147
- Rep Rick Perales – 937-604-5637, 614-644-6020
- Rep Jeff Rezabek – 937-222-1366, 937-572-3307, 614-466-2960
- Rep Kirk Schuring 330-418-7040 or 614-752-2438
- Rep Barbara Sears – 419-460-4600, 614-466-1731
- Rep Marilyn Slaby – 614-644-5085
These 39 Representatives have already said YES to protecting pastors’ conscience rights!
Amstutz, Antani, Baker, Becker, Blessing, Boose, Brenner, Brinkman, Burkley, Butler, Conditt, Derickson, Green, Dean, Hagan, Hayes, Henne, Hill, Hood, Koehler, Arndt, McClain, Patmon, Perales, Reineke, Retherford, Roegner, Romanchuck, Ruhl, Ryan, Schaffer, Scherer, Smith, Sprague, Terhar, Thompson, Young & Zeltwanger.