What Happens Now
October 21, 2013 – Last week, Cincinnati Right to Life sent notification that an Ohio state health examiner has affirmed an order to revoke the license for Lebanon Road Surgery Center (the Women’s Med Center) in Sharonville after this abortion facility failed to obtain either a transfer agreement or a variance.*
The Women’s Med Center is operated by late-term abortionist Martin Haskell, infamous for promoting the now nationally outlawed partial birth abortion procedure–one late term abortion method among several.
Next steps regarding this abortion center’s license are:
- The Women’s Med Center has ten days since receiving the examiner’s report to submit any objections. The facility is currently remains in operation.
- The Ohio Department of Health Director Ted Wymyslo will then consider the hearing examiner’s report and any objections received from the Women’s Med Center. There is no time limit or deadline for the director’s decision.
- Director Wymyslo will issue an order to revoke or not to revoke the Women’s Med Center’s license.
- If a decision to revoke is issued, the Women’s Med Center could appeal to the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas.
- If an appeal is filed, the Women’s Med Center would remain open during this process.
Please continue prayer and vigilance on this matter for the protection of all targeted by the abortion industry’s deadly agenda.
* The Women’s Med Center center is an Ambulatory Surgical Facility, and must have a transfer agreement with an area hospital to cover patient emergencies. This abortion facility has been unable to obtain a transfer agreement from any area hospital, thus it can apply for a variance (exception) but is currently operating without either.